During the holiday season I think we as Moms tend to care and think of everyone else. Which don’t get me wrong I don’t think there is anything wrong with that. As long as you are not neglecting yourself. And let’s face it, it can be hard to take care of ourselves during this busy time of year.
Here are a few things I do to help me remember to take a little time out for myself and enjoy some self care.
- Journal. I so enjoy to sit down at night with a glass of wine or cup of hot cocoa by the Christmas tree and do my journaling. I think journaling helps all of us refocus and stop and think about how we are feeling. So if you don’t already have a journal, I recommend TJ Maxx. They have a lot of beautiful ones for a great price. Also, don’t forget a grab a pen or two that you will really love. My favorite are the Pentel Energel in the needle point.
- Slow Down and Enjoy. This is a season of love, giving, and being with the most important people to us. I can get in such a hurry making sure everything is done I don’t stop and enjoy the best part of season which is the company of my family and friends. Schedule a date night or a game night with the whole family. Another thing I love to do is what I call “invite night”. My kids know on invite night their friends are welcome. My husband and I have always tried to be a home that our children’s friends can come to and feel comfortable. We want to know our kid’s friends and want them to know us.
- Treat Yourself. I absolutely love a few treats this time of year. And one of those is Bath and Body Works candles and body care items. My favorite scent is Twisted Peppermint. I love the scent of Peppermint. It is my absolute favorite. If Twister Peppermint is not for you, check out Vanilla Bean Noel. Another great scent Bath and Body come out with this time of year.
4. A few other essentials for me this time of year is the Agave Lip Mask by Bite Cosmetics. I purchased mine and Sephora. The one pictured here is in a set of 3 you get Candy Cane, Maple, and Natural. They don’t have any color. If you struggle with chapped lips I can’t tell you how awesome this is. The other thing is a good Lip Scrub. I like the one pictured above by Eco Lips. I purchased mine at Walmart. Then lastly is this Hand and Nail Cream. I need an extra punch in my hand cream this time of year and this is my go to. I also purchased mine at Sephora, I believe it was $15.00.
5. A few cozy sweaters, I love a good warm and really soft sweater. This year I found a few that I love at H & M. This prices are great too. Here is my favorite.
6. Set a Christmas budget. Then figure out who you are buying gifts for and figure out how much you will spend on each person, don’t forget dinner you will be hosting or hostess gifts for parties you plan on attending. Our family has a Christmas binder that I use to stay organized. There are several printables on Etsy if you are interested in making one of your own.
7. Lastly, remember the reason for the season. Jesus!