I am thankful for our families holiday traditions. I love traditions, I am a person of habit and structure. I so look forward to getting together as a family to enjoy some time together.
Here are a few of ours.
- We all sit down together is our jammies and cozy socks and watch Polar Express every year. We get Hot Cocoa and Popcorn and snuggle in. The whole family looks forward to in.
- We do a Christmas light tour. We love to pile into the car and go around looking at all the beautiful Christmas lights. With Hot Cocoa in hand of coarse. Are you sensing a trend here?
- My husband and I do a Christmas Eve Eve box for our girls. We have teenage girls so we always have some PJ’s, slippers or cozy socks, a mug of their own for Hot Cocoa, a few pieces of candy, lip balm, and face mask. They love it.
- Christmas Eve, we enjoy candlelight service at our church. Our church sings traditional Christmas music which I love. Then we go home to a dinner of prime rib and crab. Then we let the girls open another gift. It is such a wonderful night.
I would love to hear about your family traditions is the comments.
I hope you feel beautiful today!
I am a sinner, I am so far from perfect it nuts. I make mistakes all the time, I do the wrong thing often. I am so thankful for God’s unconditional love and complete and total perfection. I am thankful that I know when I am struggling God is there with me to help me through whatever I am going through. I am thankful to know He will never leave me. I am thankful to know I will have eternal life with my loved one and God almighty and I am thankful to know that, that eternal life with be so perfect and peaceful.
During the holiday season I think we as Moms tend to care and think of everyone else. Which don’t get me wrong I don’t think there is anything wrong with that. As long as you are not neglecting yourself. And let’s face it, it can be hard to take care of ourselves during this busy time of year.
Here are a few things I do to help me remember to take a little time out for myself and enjoy some self care.
- Journal. I so enjoy to sit down at night with a glass of wine or cup of hot cocoa by the Christmas tree and do my journaling. I think journaling helps all of us refocus and stop and think about how we are feeling. So if you don’t already have a journal, I recommend TJ Maxx. They have a lot of beautiful ones for a great price. Also, don’t forget a grab a pen or two that you will really love. My favorite are the Pentel Energel in the needle point.
- Slow Down and Enjoy. This is a season of love, giving, and being with the most important people to us. I can get in such a hurry making sure everything is done I don’t stop and enjoy the best part of season which is the company of my family and friends. Schedule a date night or a game night with the whole family. Another thing I love to do is what I call “invite night”. My kids know on invite night their friends are welcome. My husband and I have always tried to be a home that our children’s friends can come to and feel comfortable. We want to know our kid’s friends and want them to know us.
- Treat Yourself. I absolutely love a few treats this time of year. And one of those is Bath and Body Works candles and body care items. My favorite scent is Twisted Peppermint. I love the scent of Peppermint. It is my absolute favorite. If Twister Peppermint is not for you, check out Vanilla Bean Noel. Another great scent Bath and Body come out with this time of year.
4. A few other essentials for me this time of year is the Agave Lip Mask by Bite Cosmetics. I purchased mine and Sephora. The one pictured here is in a set of 3 you get Candy Cane, Maple, and Natural. They don’t have any color. If you struggle with chapped lips I can’t tell you how awesome this is. The other thing is a good Lip Scrub. I like the one pictured above by Eco Lips. I purchased mine at Walmart. Then lastly is this Hand and Nail Cream. I need an extra punch in my hand cream this time of year and this is my go to. I also purchased mine at Sephora, I believe it was $15.00.
5. A few cozy sweaters, I love a good warm and really soft sweater. This year I found a few that I love at H & M. This prices are great too. Here is my favorite.
6. Set a Christmas budget. Then figure out who you are buying gifts for and figure out how much you will spend on each person, don’t forget dinner you will be hosting or hostess gifts for parties you plan on attending. Our family has a Christmas binder that I use to stay organized. There are several printables on Etsy if you are interested in making one of your own.
7. Lastly, remember the reason for the season. Jesus!
I am thankful for everything.
All of the hardships and tears. The laughter and joy. All of it.
I look back on some of the toughest times in my life and I am thankful to have had those experiences because they lead me to where I am today.
It is not what we go through that makes us the people we are today but how we overcome and respond to all of it. We are the master of how we react and let things affect us.
I’m pretty convinced I have the best Mom ever. I suppose I am a little bit biased. I feel so blessed to have such a great friendship with my Mom. I talk to my Mom almost everyday and I can tell her just about anything and everything. I have always felt her love and concern for me and my well being.
She is such a strong, hard working, smart woman. I am truly proud of the woman she is. I try to fill her shoes but know I will never come close, she has not only ran our successful family business with my Dad, but she always kept our house and yard so clean and in tip top shape. Not to mention being there for me and all of my actives, I don’t know how she accomplished all she did in a day. I’m pretty sure she might be super woman.
Thanks Mom for being my Mom and the best Mom ever. I love you forever!!
I am thankful for my husband! He is amazing and I love him with all my heart!! He is the man I prayed for and cherish every minute with him. He is the absolute best!!!
Journaling questions to ask yourself:
- How do I see the world?
- What do I love most about myself?
- Best childhood experience?
- Best book I ever read and why?
- Who in my life is the most inspirational and why?
- What would I say to my younger self?
- What are the most important life lessons I have learned?
- Write about someone you love?
- Favorite childhood memory.
- What did you parents teach you that you are thankful to have learned?
- Best day ever?
- Worst day ever? What did you learn from that day and what would you differently today?
- Favorite hobby? Why?
- What makes you the happiest?
- What does your ideal day look like?
- What is your biggest dream?
- Write down attainable Goals for the next 30 days then write down an actionable plan to achieve those goals? Why are these goals important to you?
- Journal about your goals everyday, how are you doing on them?
- What is your why? Why do you do what you do?
- What about your family do you love most?
- Best vacation you have ever been on and why?
- What is you life mission statement?
- At your funeral what do you hope your friends and family remember most about you? Hard worker, great listener, great friend, dependable, love and lived life to the fullest?
- What would your best friend say about you?
- What is your favorite movie? Why?
- What is your pet peeve?
- What do you need to be content?
- Write about inner peace. When do you feel the most at peace.
- What is your favorite holiday?
- Write a letter to your future child or current child.
I am so thankful for coffee.
So let me just start by saying “I am not a morning person”. Nope quite the opposite actually I pretty much dislike mornings with my whole being in the morning. I don’t like to talk or interact in any way. Its painful for me. I wake up very begrudgingly usually and am immediately thinking about coffee. “I need coffee”. I have thought about cutting coffee out of my life because it honestly kind of ridiculous to want and need something so much. The only thing I should need is Jesus. But the idea of my mornings without coffee sort of just makes be cringe. Sounds like a terrible idea when I really think about it. So, I continue to have my delicious cup of Joe each and every morning.
I start each day with my devotional, pray, a reading in my Bible, an entry in my journal, and a delicious cup of coffee. I am currently journaling about my goals. I made some 30 days goals and am staying up on them by journaling about how I am doing on them each day. And the reason why I am doing that is because my biggest 30 day goal is to keep the promises I make to myself. So by journaling about them each day I am holding myself accountable.
I am one of those weird people who enjoy cleaning my house. And it is because I love our house. I love the people who live and who have lived in our home. I love the tears and laughter that live in those walls. I love all of it, it has been the roof over our heads and the walls that block out so much of the world. It is our place where we can be ourselves like our real raw selves. We can laugh, love, yell, fight, and forgive all in that house. Its where I pray and look for solace. Its where my family looks for solace. I love that.
It is where we all cuddle up with a big bowl of popcorn and watch movies. Its where we watch the Polar Express every Christmas with our Hot Cocoa. Its where on cool evenings we laugh and have s’mores around the fire pit in the backyard. We have taken countless pictures for countless moments that we will never forget, and they have all taken place in that house.
We have welcomed so many friends and family members into our home over the years and have shared so much laughter. There are so many first days and last days of school, and now a high school graduation and a off to college. That house is my happy place.